Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Where Am I And Who Are All These People Calling Me Mommy?

I remember my cousin Becky saying that to me once. That sometimes it felt like one minute she was 12 and thinking about what color to paint her fingernails, and the next minute she was standing in the kitchen of her own home with multitudes of little children swarming around her, all asking for a hundred different things at once.

I feel that way a lot.

Usually every day or two I think to myself that I need to blog about this or that but don't get around to it. And then there are moments when one of my sweet little children will do something so funny that I find myself thinking that I HAVE to blog right away before the funny little thing is misplaced in the jumble of gray goo that I lovingly call my brain.

Today Elizabeth asked me if she could use my hand weights because she wants to "build up her muscles so that she can conquer the monkey bars". Sure, use them all you want I say. Elizabeth, being the teacher that she is, immediately gave Elaina the smallest set of weights so that she can "get tougher too". As she handed them to her, she made the observation that not only are they Elaina sized but that they also match her outfit. It's always a plus to match your exercise equipment, I would say.

A little while later, after Elizabeth had left Elaina and I to fend for ourselves and also coincidentally the next time that I unglued my eyes from the computer screen, I turned to see that Ella was now holding the weights, flailing her arms wildly about while singing her little heart out to a mixture of show tunes from Annie and The Sound of Music... wearing only a hooded towel. I guess she's trying to bring new meaning to the phrase 'dance like nobody is watching'.

In other news, we are moving. And yes, we are crazy. For the kids and I, it's only been 10 months since we last did this. Help.

2 comments:

JC Photography said...

Sounds like my kind of exercise! What cuties. When are you moving back? I know you told me but I can't remember. Ugh

Fullmer Family said...

Hey Stephanie! (and your whole fam) - I'm glad I finally got to your blog. I love your stories, they are so fun. Hopefully we can keep in touch now. We miss you up here!!
Love,
Troy & Tirzah Fullmer