I think I've used that title for a post before. And I KNOW I will use it again. Cause it's true.
Last night I was in the grocery store in my little town. I was in a rush, it was late and I'd almost forgotten to buy peanut butter. I needed peanut butter, for the peanut butter cookies that I've been wanting to make every Sunday for a while now, but keep forgetting to buy peanut butter for. ANYWAY. I went rushing into the peanut butter aisle and saw my sister's friend and her husband there looking at the cereal. I don't know why, but I kinda felt like I was interrupting them. Like they were taking their cereal decision very seriously and I was in the way. They weren't rude or anything like that, I just have this thing that makes me feel like I'm bugging people all the time. Even when I'm probably not bugging them at all. So I go rushing into the aisle and smile and say hi when I recognize them. Then, feeling the need to over share I announce (a little too loudly) that "I need peanut butter!". Like it's some kind of great, non obvious thing. I am, after all, standing right in front of the peanut butter. Then, just for kicks and giggles, I say - still loudly - "I hate buying peanut butter when it's not on sale! It's so expensive that way!" I laugh nervously and then proceed to pick up a jar of peanut butter, that's on sale. Who am I and where is my brain? Why does purchasing peanut butter fluster me so? And why am I such a nerd!? I thought it was something that I was supposed to be able to grow out of at some point.
At least I remembered the peanut butter, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment