Thursday, November 13, 2008

Go To Bed

That's a phrase I say.... a lot. It's usually met with responses like "I'm not tired", "I'm thirsty", "I'm hungry" "My toe, elbow, armpit etc. hurts", or, my personal favorite "Can I stay up if I puke?"

So last night, I sat my kids down. I laid down some very specific ground rules. "Get a drink, brush your teeth, use the bathroom, get a book. If you don't do these things before you get into bed, you will just have to wait and do them in the morning." (I'm so nice.) Because of their subsequent questions, I added two exceptions. "If you are bleeding or someone is trying to break into your window, you can get out of your bed before morning." So they did great with this clear rule to follow. The are still able to read in their beds and talk with one another and they were happy, I was happy.

So tonight I hear Beth. "Mommy?" "Beth, are you out of bed?" "Yes Mommy. But it is because Ella is bleeding." "What?!? Ella is bleeding?" "Yes Mommy" came Ella's voice "me pick a scab. Me get out of bed?"

Oh good grief.

1 comment:

manga said...

okay thats just more proof of just how smart those kids are. Ya just gotta love em
love manga