Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

I'm so awesome. Two years ago, I got the pictures up in mid-November. And I don't think that I even posted the pictures of last year. What is today? November third? Wahoo!



Elaina. The pudgy fairy. She only wore her costume for picture purposes. And for that reason, I don't feel bad that I didn't make her tu tu like I did for Elizabeth and Ella. Or maybe I only feel a little bad.






She spent all of trick-or-treating in her car seat under a quilt in the van with the heater on full blast because the door had to be opened repeatedly for trick-or-treating entrances and exits. And can I just say that it is my personal opinion that whoever invented the push button sliding door on minivans was a saint or else they must have taken small children trick-or-treating in sub zero weather? Handy, I tell you. (Even though I didn't make Elaina's tu tu, I did make her trick or treat bag. She loves it, actually. Who would have thought???)




Fairy Princess Ella and her Daddy. She loved her costume. Most of all she loved it that she got to wear make up and have glitter in her hair. She kept telling anyone who would listen "Me a pairwee, me got a tu tu!" So cute.





Elizabeth was a fairy, also. She kept talking about her "periwinkle headband. You know Mom, periwinkle, not blue, not purple, but bluish purple, like, well, like periwinkle!!"




And last but not least - Will. Can you guess who he dressed up as???



No? Still need a little help?? Does this make it easier???

What a funny boy! He was so happy about this costume. He even made a lego cellphone, ha ha! He sure loves his Dad. While I was putting his goatee on, he told me "Mom, this is my favorite costume ever. Dad is just so cool!"

I like this picture of Will and Elaina because I remember that Beth was a butterfly for her first Halloween and I have a picture very similar to this of Beth. And now she can read and ride a bike and say periwinkle. Sniff!



The kids were kind enough to model the Halloween trick-or-treat bags that I made for them. It was actually a really fun project and they loved being able to wear them across their bodies for some reason. Maybe it was because they got FULL really fast (people in Alaska are generous to those willing to brave the frozen weather and trick-or-treat, I guess. We'd only gone up two streets before they were filled, and they have just as much space inside as a plastic pumpkin does.

Happy Halloween!!!

4 comments:

Flabbergasted said...

That is so cool that he dressed up like his dad. All their costumes are so cute.

Just Tera said...

Cute kids!!! Way to go on making their bags and costumes. You're a wonder mom!

manga said...

oh my gosh! how lanie has grown she is so cute. the girls look great and you did a super job on thier costumes.And william...what a handsome boy, no kidding his got it.

TimandBecckaMarley said...

Awe I love the costumes. You did a great job on them and the bags are totally cute!!! Love the blog and all the sweet pics!!