Monday, December 17, 2007

Last Minute Shopping and Other Christmasy Stuff

Next year I am going to have all of my shopping done by Black Friday, I swear. It's only one week until Christmas Eve and I'm not even 1/2 done!

Elizabeth has made a very specific request for a Christmas gift this year. The problem? The one place to get it for a good price (and not 3x that amount) is, you guessed it, sold out. And the store that the website hails from is not answering their phone. Or at least I guess that's what's happening since I always get a busy signal. Since it's a toy store at Christmas time, maybe all of the employees are just hiding under their counters crying at this point.

I miss the good old days when I could have a little more say in what she wanted. It was so much easier then. Well, I guess they're still happening with Ella. All I have to do for her is show her a picture and ask her if that's what she wants for Christmas. She purses her lips, taps her chin with her chubby little finger and then screams "Nyesh!!!" while she jumps up and down.

This year, Will saw a commercial for the ASPCA. He promptly decided that he would like to forgo his Christmas gift from Santa and instead ask to have Santa donate $20/month to the ASPCA instead. What a sweetheart! After a lot of consideration, he's decided that he will earn/raise money for the Humane Society here in Pocatello and then go to their adoption day in January so that he can actually see and pet the animals that he is helping. I'm so proud of how willing to give to help others he is.

And Tera, I'm sorry to say, there will be no Gingerbread house this year. I think that if I add one more thing to my to do list I'll be heard to say "Ba Humbug" and we've already got enough of that with Ben around. :)

1 comment:

Just Tera said...

you never say what it is that beth wants???? I wish I could see their faces, Christmas really is about kids, isn't it? William, I am so prous to hear how kind and giving your heart is, you have the best parents teaching you, Lucky boy!!!
love Manga