Monday, April 5, 2010

Do You Know How Much Stuff I Mostly Do?

A LOT. Like, pretty much everything. Like, for example, my blog. My posts are so sporadic it's just plain embarrassing. I have 4 more skirts left to sew for my girls and nieces. (one is done. yay me.)It's the day after Easter and we're dying Easter eggs for Family Home Evening. (I rock.) My daughter Elizabeth? Gave up on the Tooth Fairy. (that one I will never be able to laugh at.) I totally and completely stink at this parenting thing so much of the time.

The reason that I'm writing this post? It's quite simple, really.

To give myself a break. Because what happens to me is that I do positively great at being on top of everything that I need and want to do. For a day. Or a week. Or even sometimes a whole month. I know, I know. Try not to be jealous of my pure awesomeness. It's a sin, you know. Just sayin'.

So, instead of getting everything right for an entirely too short period of time and then beating myself up for not being Super Woman and getting depressed and entirely giving up on many of the important things, I'm going to try something new. And this is hard for me. I'm just going to take it a day at a time. (My inner Martha just died a little. Sorry inner Martha.) And, this part is even harder. I'm going to post it on my blog. The stories and pictures of the made beds and the organized linen closet. (Martha and I will really like those posts.) The confessions that my kids had cereal for dinner because I didn't want to cook or that (and I really hate admitting to this one) that Beth wore Will's (clean) socks to school because her drawer was empty and I didn't know. I really hate typing things like that. But you know what? It's my life. Like it or not. And you know what else? I like it. I really, really do. So I need to make sure that I remember it. And this is the only way it's happening.

And maybe it will be very helpful when I can have copies of my entire blog bound into book form for my children's therapists. Inner Martha will like that, a lot.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

TimandBecckaMarley said...

Steph..I LOVE your posts!!!!!!!!!!!! Your a babe!!! We ALL do that stuff as moms LOL!!! I about fell off my seat when I just read your last post about Ella singing and missing you when your dead!! Priceless

Sarah Haslem said...

Im so glad to have found your blog again.. I felt lost without it...
I've been wondering what you've been up to lately and im so glad to finally know.
I miss you.
Come see Boise some time and stay with the Haslems. Please~
Oh and Joshua wore Emilys socks the other day because I had no clean ones in the house that were made for boys. and he is actually still alive!!!!!