Friday, December 9, 2005

10 Things I Took For Granted Before I Had Children

10. Sleeping in. And don't think that giving your children breakfast and turning on educational TV will buy you more quality sleeping time. It won't. I tried.

9. How little laundry I really create.

8. Eating a whole candy bar. All by myself.

7. Showering with no interruptions. The instant I head in the direction of the bathroom, I'm swarmed. My attention suddenly becomes absolutely necessary to everyone under 4'5". If only I could use my powers for good.

6. Never having anyone else's snot anywhere on me. Like, for example, in my hair.

5. Always knowing where the TV remote is.

4. Smelling good. I currently (and constantly) smell like baby barf. Aren't you jealous?

3. Going to a non-kid movie in the movie theatre.

2. How easy my life really was. What was I complaining about all the time?

1. How much I was missing without my sweet babies.

Silly faces only a mother could love:


(If my baby looks slightly troubled in that picture, it's because her older sister is sitting beside me waiting to "help" her. And my 2-year-old's "help" can be enough to make a grown man cry.)