Friday, November 11, 2005

I'll Give It A Try Because He Won't Think that Batman is Cool For Forever

For me, blogging is a really fun way to record all of the things that will soon be just the memories of my children's all too fleeting childhoods. A way that won't bore me out of my mind and cause me to contemplate beating my head against the wall repeatedly. No scrapbooks for my kids. I'm just not that nifty. So they shall have a blog to remember their childhoods by instead. That's not too terrible, is it?

We have a 4 year old son. He is quite the boy. He wanted to be Batman for Halloween. His grandmother was kind enough to sew his costume for him, and to his exacting standards nonetheless. When it arrived in the mail, he tore open the box and put it on instantly. He was running around the house, "being Batman", (read: "rescuing" his 2 year old sister and getting hit repeatedly by said 2-year-old who had no desire whatsoever to be rescued, thankyouverymuch) and I called him by his name and asked him to come into the kitchen. Moments later when he arrived, breathless, I said: "Wow! Good for you for coming right away when I called!" He replied: "Moooooommmm!!! You can't forget that now my name is Bruce Wayne! And no matter what, you must not reveal my true identity! I am Batman. And with that, he returned to doling out his vigilante justice.

Well alrighty then.